No honest Nigerian like Buhari – Bakare
Pastor Tunde Bakare has described a former Head of State, Maj.-Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.) as the most honest Nigerian he has ever known.
Bakare, who spoke at the inauguration of the Congress for Progressive Change Renewal Committee in Abuja on Tuesday, said having served with prominent Nigerians as a lawyer and a young pastor, he had not seen any Nigerian who could match Buhari in integrity.
He said Nigerians would one day regret not electing Buhari as their president.
He said, “I came into politics because he (Buhari) invited me; no other Nigerian could have done that. I believe in his integrity and his love for Nigeria.
“As a lawyer, I served under the tutelage of the late Chief Rotimi Williams and late Chief Gani Fawehinmi.
“As a young pastor, I worked with Pastor W.F Kumuyi and E.O. Adeboye.”
He said while the members of the party especially, and Nigerians, generally awaited the decision of the Supreme Court on the appeal filed by the party against the declaration of President Goodluck Jonathan as the winner of the April presidential election, Nigerians must know that there was a court higher than that of the apex court.
Bakare said, “There is a higher court above the Supreme Court. Darkness has no power to overpower light. Weeping and tears cannot go for long; they have expiry dates.”
Buhari, who also spoke on the occasion, said it was unfortunate that political parties had remained a platform for selling or trading public office nomination tickets.
Political parties, he said, should be the fulcrum for which effective public service could be provided for the people.
He said the task ahead the CPC was enormous, one of which he said was to show good example on service delivery in offices where members of the party were holding political offices.
He said, “As one who has always advocated good governance in Nigeria, I believe that it is important for us, as a political party that seeks to manage the affairs of Nigeria on behalf of its people, to show the people that we will conduct our affairs truly in the way things should be done and according to the dictates of the law.”
- Unmask Boko Haram now – Buhari tells Jonathan (indepthnigeria.com)
- Buhari, Tinubu: Nigerians must defend judiciary (indepthnigeria.com)
- Buhari replies Jonathan: I’m not for subsidy removal (indepthnigeria.com)
- Buhari condemns Fed Govt’s plan to remove fuel subsidy (indepthnigeria.com)
- Buhari vs. Jonathan: S-Court reserves ruling till Monday (indepthnigeria.com)
- Buhari kicks as Salami’s successor names panels (indepthnigeria.com)
- Buhari, Afenifere, Ohanaeze, Southsouth leaders, condemn attack on UN building (indepthnigeria.com)
- IBB: Igbo president will gladden Ojukwu’s heart (indepthnigeria.com)
- Election Tribunal Judgment, Affirmation of People’s Will – Jonathan print (indepthnigeria.com)